Sunday 30 October 2016

Updated Reliability for Methodology

Reliability- To make my data reliable, I am going to use the most recent series of Towie, to find conversations between Danni and James. I will be testing Robin Lakoff’s theory, the Deficit Model, about whether women’s language is deficient in reference to men’s language. Series 18 is the most recent series. I will start from episode 1 and I will find 5 conversations meaning it may go to other episodes as well (2,3) . I am starting from the most recent series as Danni and James have been on the show for a while meaning their speech may be more natural as they are on TV and they may be used to having cameras around them. However, I also understand that it may be slightly scripted to entertain the audience. I will still use the data if other people are present during the conversation. I am choosing the first 5 conversations they have because I will have more data to analyse, they may have an off conversation which does not represent their usual selves, so I need to have a range.

1 comment:

  1. Good. Think of a justification for the introduction about why you are picking TOWIE and them specifically. Get the data transcribed asap and keep a clean copy so you can start annotating gendered language and making annotations about where it relates to theory and why it might be that way because of the context.

    ReplyDelete